Small Coins - Multiplication Table 15x15 Set
- Unit Price
This set is for Multiplication Times Tables up to 15x15. I suggest using these coins on our 225 Frame or Multiplication Circle Tray 15x15. For storage, if getting the flat set, it will fit into the Little Bits Tray.
Some activity ideas:
• Each row shows the number as it skip counts up until a multiple of fifteen.
• You can use these coins to create the multiplication chart and then use it for practicing multiplication and division. What is 3 times 5? Place one finger on the 3 at the top of the chart and 5 at the side. Then follow the row/column towards the middle of the board until your fingers meet and that's the answer!
• Reverse for division by starting with the larger number. What is 63 divided by 7? In the 7 column, find the coin for 63 and which row is it on? That's your answer to 63 divided by 7!
• Remove certain numbers from the board and ask your child what's missing? Then they replace the coins to finish the board.
• Use a row of color all on its own on the board along with wood or wool balls to show the multiples of each number.
Which style do I choose--Flat or Pegged? Flat coins are a good choice for those wanting a slightly lower cost set and lay flat against the surface they're placed on. Pegged coins give you a tactile experience so that as you pick up the pieces, they are easier to grab and your fingers know the top/bottom of the coin from the feel. Both styles are easy to work with and stay in place when put into the pockets of our Frames.
- - - - - - - -
INCLUDES: 225 coins in a kraft storage box.
DIMENSIONS: 1-inch diameter.
MATERIALS: Full color printed maple wood.
PLEASE NOTE: The full color ink will have a freshly printed smell that should dissipate once the tiles are in use and have time to air out. It is like the smell of a photo that has just been printed. The more you use them, the more time they'll have to air out. Also, you can give them some fresh air and sunshine if you want to speed up the process.