These coins coordinate with our Ten, Twenty, and Hundred Frames. This set is for Multiplication (not 1-100 counting). Some activity ideas:
• Each row shows the number as it skip counts up until a multiple of ten.
• You can use these coins to create the multiplication chart and then use it for practicing multiplication and division. What is 3 times 5? Place one finger on the 3 at the top of the chart and five at the side. Then follow the row/column towards the middle of the board until your fingers meet and that's the answer!
• Reverse for division by starting with the larger number. What is 63 divided by 7? In the 7 column, find the coin for 63 and which row is it on? That's your answer to 63 divided by 7!
• Remove certain numbers from the board and ask your child what's missing? Then they replace the coins to finish the board.
• Use a row of color all on its own on the board along with wood or wool balls to show the multiples of each number.
"Pegged" fits in the Holes Only and Coin Pocket Frames.
"Flat" fits only in the Coin Pocket Frames.
- - - - - - - -
INCLUDES: 100 coins in a kraft storage box.
DIMENSIONS: 1-inch diameter.
MATERIALS: Full color printed maple wood.
----- BOARD NOT INCLUDED. Only used for demonstration. -----